Today, my teacher sent home 81 flash cards with words on them that we need to practice over the summer. Her note home to Mom and Dad said that we just started working on these so don't be concerned if your child can't read all of these words, or even very many of them. Knowing them will just give them a jump start in first grade. The same note went home to all of the parents.
Mom quizzed me on them and I got 80 out of 81 correct the first time through. Then before bed we did a spelling "test". She read the word and I had to spell it. There were words like "two" and "to" and "for" and "four". Mom used them in a sentence though and I was able to spell all of those correctly. I got 70 out of 81 correct the first time through. Guess what? I spelled the word right that I missed when reading them earlier. It's probably safe to say I know how to read all 81. Mom was very impressed. I was upset that I missed 11 of them though. When she tucked me into bed I told her that I wished I hadn't missed 11. She remembered seven of them that I missed, so she re-quizzed me on those. I got six out of the seven correct that time.
We'll probably go over the words a few more times over the summer. Mom said she might use them for Sissy though and see how many she can learn by the time I start first grade since I already know them. Mom and Dad are scared. They don't want me to be bored at school. If I already know these words and Kindergarten isn't even over, then what will first grade be like?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment