Monday, July 13, 2009

Vacation in Wisconsin Dells

Last week we went on vacation. I had been waiting for this for months. Mom decided we'd go to Wisconsin Dells this year. She wanted to take us somewhere that we'd never been before and she knew that anything much further away and my sister would not be able to handle the car ride. I had an awesome time.

On Tuesday we went and saw the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum. It was ok, but nothing great. Then we went to this HUGE candy shop. I got some ice cream. Lauren got a big lolly pop. After that we went swimming for a while. This was the first time all summer that I've been able to show Mom and Dad what I've learned at day camp. Mom was so proud of me. She said I'm a VERY good swimmer now. It was so much fun to be able to show her. After swimming we all went out to eat. Then we went miniature golfing. I love to golf like that. Sissy didn't do very well. As Mom kept saying "It's a good thing it didn't cost anything for her to play." There was a big playground at the miniature golf place so we got to swing and play on the slides when we were done. It was getting dark so we went back to our hotel when we were done playing.

On Wednesday, we were supposed to go to Mt. Olympus. When we got up though it was only 54 degrees outside and the high for the day was 71 with rain in the forecast. Mom and Dad decided we needed to flip flop our agenda for Wednesday and Thursday. On Wednesday we ended up going to the Tommy Bartlett Exploratory (a science center with interactive games/experiements), and the Circus World Museum. Both places were really cool.

At the Circus World Museum we got to go for an elephant ride, watch a magic show, watch a one ring circus performance, watch a tiger show, and I got to be in a children's interactive circus. I was a pony. Mom even got it on video. It was just so much fun. I was disappointed that I couldn't go to Mt. Olympus that day but I still had a lot of fun. When we were watching the one ring circus, one of the elephants pooped and peed. That was so funny. That was my favorite part. Sissy's too.

On Thursday we made it to Mt. Olympus. That place is so cool. It has and indoor and outdoor amusement park as well as an indoor and outdoor waterpark. Some of the water slides were so fast. I love fast waterslides. There was a big pink waterslide outside. Up to three people could go in the raft on the slide. The first time I went with Mom. It was so fun. I made her go backwards. The next time though I went with Dad. The lifeguard pushed the raft down so that I was the one going backwards this time. I did not like that at all. I turned myself facing forward as we were going down the slide. Dad said with the way I was looking over the raft, I reminded him of the groundhog from Caddy Shack.

No comments: