Today was our Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. Monday we got to take our cars in and test them out on the track and weigh them. The car could not weigh more than 5 ounces. Mine weighed 4.9 ounces. We decided that was perfect. When we raced it down the track, it went pretty quick. We were happy with it but did notice one of the wheels might be causing a problem. Dad worked on fixing the wheel and then Friday night we turned in our car and they had special races. Dad took both of his Pinewood Derby cars from when he was a Cub Scout. His cars did really well. He got 2nd and 4th place (in the same race). Not bad. I think there were about 15 cars in that race.
Today when we raced my car it did pretty well. We could tell I won two of the four heats I raced in. Unfortunately though, I didn't made the top three for a trophy. There were 26 cars total. I placed 5th overall.

I did win the award for the car with the most Scout spirit. My car was orange and blue with a Tiger Cub Scout Logo. I designed it all by myself.

Here are a couple of pics of the other cars


Here are the Tiger Cubs in our Pack
No comments:
Post a Comment