August 8 – Drive Day 2
Here we go. We are due to arrive at our resort around 1:30 central time; 2:30 eastern time. We stopped for lunch at Arby’s along the way.
We finally made it to our resort. It was HUGE!! It was so nice. I couldn't believe we were getting to stay there. Everything about it was great. The decor, the pool, the landscaping. It was all so neat. Sissy and I were very excited. Once we checked in at the resort, we headed for Downtown Disney. They had some really cool stores. While we were shopping, it started POURING! The kids didn’t mind. There was plenty of stuff for them to play with and look at in the stores. After the rainn let up we walked over to Planet Hollywood for supper. I LOVED it. I had never been there before. The décor and items from the movies was awesome.
When we got back to the resort, it was time to check out the pool. WOW! It was awesome. The water was warm and perfect. Didn’t even have a chill to it. It also had a waterslide with the pool. It was awesome. Mom made Lauren go down, but she has a fear of water (mainly getting her face wet) and she was not happy at all.
Here is how the rest of the trip went...
Monday (8/9)
On Monday we went to Hollywood Studios. WOW! That place was cool. It had an Indiana Jones Stunt thing and a Star Wars exhibit. Those are two of my favorite things. I really liked the Star Wars simulation ride. It was so cool. I went on it twice. For lunch we ate at the Sci Fi Drive in restaurant. They played Sci Fi movie clips and we got to sit in convertible cars to eat.
Tuesday (8/10)
Tuesday didn't start out very well. I woke up with a bad stomach ache. Mom asked if I needed to throw up and I did. I ended up throwing up in the trash can. Today was the day we were supposed to go to the Magic Kingdom. Sissy had been looking forward to this for MONTHS. This is where she could see the Princesses.
Mom went to the gift shop at the resort and picked up some ibuprofen and Pepto Bismol for me. Dad told her to go ahead and take Sissy to the Magic Kingdom and we would catch up if I started feeling better. Mom did not want to leave, but she knew that Sissy was anxious to see the Princesses.
Mom and Sissy left and Dad and I hung out at the hotel for about another hour. I started to feel better so we walked around for a bit and then we got on the boat to go to the Magic Kingdom. Well, I threw up on the boat. I just was not feeling well.
We finally caught up to Mom and Sissy. We rode some rides that weren't fast or anything that would make me sick. About five hours later I was feeling a lot better. We had a character dinner at the Crystal Palace. Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eyore and Piglet were all there. It was so much fun and the food was good.
After the dinner we rode more rides and walked around some more. Then we watched the electric parade and watched fireworks. The fireworks were AWESOME! They were the best ones I've ever seen.
Wednesday(8/11)
On Wednesday we went to Animal Kingdom. Mom and Dad weren't overly impressed with this park, but I enjoyed it. There was a really cool dinosaur ride there and we got to go to a character breakfast.
Thursday (8/12)
This was our last day at the Disney Parks. We went to Epcot. It was so cool. There were a lot of science things to do here. The rides were just so fun. One was a space ship simulation ride. Dad went with me the first time and Mom went with me the second time. They have tons of warnings that if you don't like tight spaces, not to ride the ride. Well, Mom figured it was like any other simulation ride and ignored the warnings. My Mom has an extreme fear of getting stuck in an elevator. This ride was the wrong thing for her to ride. The space was very very tight. But, I had fun...that's what's important, right???
Another cool ride was the GM Test Track. The car went around a track that tried to simulate what they do to cars to determine if they are safe etc... Very neat ride and all four of us loved it!
I also liked the big Epcot ball. The whole place was really neat and I wish we could have spent another day there.
Friday (8/12)
Today we woke up and had to leave the resort. It was still a fun day though. We got to go to the ocean. We went to St. Petersburg beach. It was so much fun. I had no idea what the ocean was like. While we were there Mom and I decided we could try to take a vacation next year and spend the entire week at a beach by the ocean. I can't wait.
Friday evening we went to a Tampa Bay Devil Ray's baseball game. They played the Baltimore Orioles. It was neat to see a game at a Major League ball park.
Saturday & Sunday (8/13 & 8/14)
The drive home started Saturday. We ended up driving to Chatanooga Tennessee and stayed in a really cool Fairfield Inn on top of a mountain. That hotel was so cool. We ate at Cracker Barrel.
Sunday we finished the drive. Sissy got sick in the car, which was scary but Mommy and I cleaned her up and Daddy worked on the car. Once we got that done we finished making the drive home.
All I can say is even with the sickness and the long drive this was hands down the best vacation EVER!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment