Friday, April 3, 2009

Career Day



Today was Career Day at my school. I had to dress up like what I want to be when I grow up. I thought about dressing up like a firefighter. Last night though I changed my mind. I decided I wanted to be a Judge. They are the people that sentence criminals and put them in jail. Mom didn't have time to find a robe like a Judge would wear on such short notice. She suggested I go as a lawyer instead since all Judges start out as lawyers.

I had a white dress shirt that I wore with one of Dad's ties and one of his suit jackets. Mom found a pad of paper for me to use to keep my notes on for court and I carried it in a "brief case". It was actually a computer bag, but we made it work.

It was a really fun day. We even had a pizza party at lunch. During free play we all pretended to be what we were dressed up as. The following is part of the weekly e-mail that my teacher sent home to all of the families this week.

"Your children looked AWESOME dressed up in all the different careers for Career Day. We really enjoyed the great costumes and learned about many different occupations. They had fun at free play all dressed up and pretending to be doing their occupation. There was a great interest in medical/doctor issues, especially the birth process. I was watching and it all was age appropriate. We had a number of robbers so the police
officers could catch them. My favorite line was a girl who said, 'Hey you guys, the lawyer is here to help!' What a hoot!"

No comments: