Monday, June 1, 2009

Last day of Kindergarten

Today was my last real day of Kindergarten. I have to go back on Wednesday for 20 minutes to get my report card, but that's it. It was a good first year of school. I met a lot of new friends and got to try a lot of new things. I learned about the rain forest, Hawaii, volcano's, lots of songs, various art projects, different games, Native Americans, and we learned about a different letter every week....just to name a few.

I can now read and write. I could write and read a little prior to Kindergarten, but now I'm able to read and write A LOT. I also learned how to draw different pictures. My fine motor skills are really good now. I'm left-handed, and a boy. Combining both of those things can make fine motor skills, like writing a little more difficult. I'm doing great now though.

My favorite part of Kindergarten, was of course free play and recess. I also enjoyed the computer games that were on the iMac. Those helped me learn, but they did it in a fun way.

At the beginning of the year, I mentioned this green light, yellow light, red light reward/discipline system for behavior at school. I'm proud to announce that I had more green lights in Kindergarten than I did yellow or red. This was the first thing I told Mom when I got off the bus today. I'm very proud I was able to do this.

Well, Wednesday is report card day. Then I'll officially be a first grader.

No comments: