Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My first day of 1st grade


Today was my first day of school. I'm in first grade now. It was really really easy. I had a a lot of fun playing and chasing the girls outside at recess. I read 1 1/2 pages in my book. I read in my head (not outloud). Next Monday, we will earn points for reading books. We will start reading the books on Monday and have to finish them by Thursday. That's when we will get the points. We get to buy things with the points. We can buy things like glo sticks or these other things that light up. I hope I get a lot of points.



Editor's Note: Today was Ryan's first day of first grade. Ryan woke up and put on one of his new outfits. When Lauren saw him for the first time this morning she said "Ry Ry, I love your knew clothes!" So cute. Just like last year, all four of us went to the grade school. It's really a mad house at the school on the first day, but I wouldn't miss taking him for the world. He rides the bus to school most other days, but on the first day I just really like taking him. Lauren really enjoys taking her brother to school too. Ryan was a little nervous, but he did just fine. He rode the bus home and his Dad was home to get him from the bus. When asked how his day was he said "good." As the evening went on we got more information out of him. I think he'll do fine this year though.

No comments: