Monday, August 25, 2008

A bus, a lunch box and a stapler

My first Monday of Kindergarten started off a little strange for me. I'm supposed to ride bus 9. You can imagine my confusion when bus 3 showed up to pick me up today. At first I didn't want to get on the bus since it wasn't the right number. Mom pointed out that Pat was still driving the bus though and he'd take care of me. I like him. He told me bus 9 just wouldn't start. I didn't get a chance to ask him about the choke, battery or if it ran out of gas. He just told me it wouldn't start.

I have been looking forward to today since last Thursday when Mom told me I could take my lunch. It was exciting for me. She even bought me a Spider-Man lunch box. I took ham & spicy cheese, goldfish crackers, grapes, and fruit snacks. They don't give us very much time to eat so I only finished 1/2 of my sandwich and the grapes and crackers. When I got home though I ate the rest. I insisted on it.

I haven't gotten a chance to ask many questions in class. We really haven't learned anything I didn't already know. At least the teacher is keeping me busy. You would not believe what she put in one of the centers for us to play with...A STAPLER!!!! Can you believe it?? What an awesome toy. I cut up some colored paper and then stapled it together. It's not one of those staplers that you pull apart and staple to the wall. It's the kind that you put the paper on and just slam on it real hard -- BAM!!! All Dad said was "at least it's not a B.B. gun." I'm not sure what he meant by that but, oh well.

After Dad got home from work I had soccer practice. It was a lot of fun but wore me out! Friday is my first game. Here is a picture.

No comments: