Today was the 200th Anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln's birth. We learned all about him in school today. He was our 16th President. He isn't alive anymore. He died because someone shot him while he was watching a play. Tonight when I was telling Dad all about President Lincoln Dad told me he was was a Springfield native and he is buried in Lincoln's Tomb in Oak Hill cemetery. I corrected Dad. Lincoln isn't burried. He died and they turned him into a statue. You know, the one in Washington D.C. He's sitting in a chair. It's a gray statue. I know this because they showed us the picture of the President Lincoln statue.
Sometime I am going to go visit Lincoln's home in Springfield and the Lincoln Presidential Museum. I think both of those things would be fun and I would learn a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment