Today Mom had a surprise for me. We went roller skating. I'd never been roller skating before and I have to be honest, I was not impressed once I put on the skates for the first time. This, of course, is one of my Mom's favorite things to do even though it had been a long time since she'd been.
For about the first 1/2 hour I refused to get out there and skate. I just sat and watched Mom and the others. Mom finally convinced me to go out for one lap around the rink and she wouldn't make me do anymore. I held on for dear life to the wall as we made the lap around. It took several minutes and a few falls. But that's all it took and I was hooked. We sat down after the lap and I told Mom I was ready to go again. There was no stopping me. By the time we left I was skating FAST! I told Mom I felt very brave. I'm so proud of myself. Mom was very impressed too. She knew that I would figure out how to do it, but she didn't expect me to pick it up that fast. I went from knowing not how to skate at all to being really good, all in about 2 1/2 hours time. I can't wait to go back.
There was one small problem. Even though I was going fast and doing a good job, I insisted on holding Mom's hand all of the time. Well, I lost my balance 15 minutes before it was time to go and I pulled Mom down with me. She hurt her hand and tail bone. It really hurts for her to sit down tonight. We couldn't skate anymore after she fell. I told her I was sorry and should have let go of her hand rather than pulling her down with me. She said she'd still take me skating again, but next time I'd have to try it without holding her hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment