Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New friends

Everyday I've been wearing a coat to school and taking my lunch. It's just been a matter of time before I forgot to bring one of these extra things home. It happened today. I forgot to bring my lunch box home. I remembered it as I was walking to the bus at school, but it was too late. When I got home Mom took me back to the school to pick it up though. She knew I would worry about it all evening if she didn't. I guess I could have had a hot lunch at school tomorrow but I really like taking my lunch. Two of my really good friends in my class take their lunch and I like sitting by them so I'd really rather not eat hot lunch. Not to mention the school lunches just aren't that great. Everyday I eat with Alex and Kylie. We have to make sure we hold hands when we walk to lunch so no one cuts in front of us in line or gets in between us or we might not be able to sit by each other.

When we were picking up my lunch box I was able to show Mom the staplers in the class room. I showed her how to open them so you can see how many staples are left. My teacher was still in the room when we were there. She told my Mom that I really love those staplers, which is true!

Today we got a new girl in our class. Her name is Paige. She's pretty nice. That means we have 20 kids in our class, but really there are 21 people because you have to count my teacher. My Dad asked where the new girl moved from. I told him I figured it was preschool just like the rest of us.

This week is "F" week so today we made fruit salad. Each person had to bring a piece, or small baggy of fruit. I took an apple. Other people brought grapes, cherries, blueberries, and kiwi. I have never had kiwi before. I really liked it. I do not like cherries and blueberries though so I just picked those out. Overall though, it was good stuff.

Another thing I'm enjoying about school are the computer games. We have an alphabet games that we play on the Mac. It's great.
  • "A" is Apes Aim and the apes throw bullets at the walls;
  • "G" is Goats Gobble Gumdrops;
  • "Z" is Zebra Zips Zippers.

No comments: