Today was Homecoming and we got out of school early today. Our town had a Homecoming Parade in the afternoon. The parade theme was the 80's and 80's songs. Ben, my neighbor, and his friends were outside decorating a truck in a 1984 theme. All of his friends were really nice and they let me help decorate with the streamers too. After we were done we headed up to Main Street to line up for the parade. All of the kids in Kindergarten got to bring a wagon and ride in it and pass out candy. We could have decorated our wagon like a train to go along with the song "Locomotion" from the 80's. We just didn't have time. We made due though. I had my Dad's old train hat and a railroad crossing cardboard sign I got to carry. I got to bring my sister too. She rode in the wagon with me while Mom pulled us. Mom kept telling Sissy that her getting to ride in the wagon with me at the parade was a perk of having an older brother. I didn't mind having her tag along. We had so much fun. At the end of the parade we saw Mandy and Lily. They were watching the parade at Lily's Grandma's house so we stopped and watched with them. It was the best of both worlds. We were in the parade and we got to watch a lot of it too.
While at the parade, I saw a lot of my friends. Here are some pictures. It was so much fun.
Lauren and I in the wagon
Maci, Me, Danielle
Brett, Me
Me wearing my Dad's train hat that he had as a kid
Lily and Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment