Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Scissors, Pliers...it's all the same

I brought home another homework assignment tonight. I have to create a family tree. This is the third time I've had to do this. Twice in preschool and now in Kindergarten. The teacher sent home a picture of a tree on a piece of white paper. The instructions are to be creative and make a family tree. We could use crayons, colored pencils, ribbons...whatever we want. I don't have mine done yet so I can't tell you how I'm going to decorate it. My mom has some ideas but we will just make a practice one to make sure it looks ok and then to the real one. When we turn it back in at school, it will be displayed on the wall in the hall way.

Tonight, I was cutting the top of the tree out of green construction paper. I cut and then twisted the scissors and pulled. It was just like Dad showed me when wiring the workshop in the basement. Yeah, I know, he used pliers but big deal. It's the same concept. For some reason Mom just shook her head. I don't think she understands.

No comments: